Thursday, August 25, 2011

Today we had 2 important appts.  The first was with Genetics/Metabolics to see if they have been able to come up with a direction that will lead to a diagnosis.  As expected they are STUMPED!!!!  They found one mitochondrial and 2 single cell abnormalities.  Basically they can only tell us this and that is it.  They are not advanced enough in their interpretations to know what any of this means.  So where does that leave us?  It leaves us where we were, preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.  Mommy and I are happier without a diagnosis as the majority of the areas I fall into we don't like......so we find our peace and hopefulness in the not knowing and focusing on my progress.  Progress you say......yes.  Check out my head control....

Even my pediatrician Dr S said I looked better that she had expected.  So my goal from now on is to show the doctors each time that I can and will be better than expected.  Dr S told Mommy and Daddy that they should stop comparing me to someone my age but rather focus on my "new" birthday.....the day my seizures/electrographic spasms stopped.  I have been seizure free since approx June 17th.

After getting home form a day filled with doctor's appts I wanted to hangout with Aidan.  Mommy got me a "tent" so I can hangout with them outside and stay cool/warm and not get bit by bugs and I can use this to stay at Uncle Widg's and Aunt Destin's house.

Oh and for an early birthday present for Daddy (his birthday is tomorrow) I pooped all over him this evening......I love you Daddy and hope tomorrow you have a Happy Birthday.

No comments: