Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Meds....

Three down and four to go...... medications.  My doctor called today saying that I can start to taper off the pyridoxal-5-phosphate (Vitamin B6) as initial test results are now showing I am receiving no benefit from it.  Now I just have to work on getting off the Keppra and Topamax and then my two reflux medications.  

Today has not been a great day.  I think Sunday and Monday really pushed me to my limit and it is taking a toll on me.  Mom was very watchful all day as I was very stiff and ridged.  OT did not go very well as I became overstimulated/overwhelmed very quickly, so Ms. Julie gave me a break after a short time.  I slept most of the day with the mindset that I will have a better day tomorrow.

We did get some really good news.  My Medicaid was approved through the Denver Pediatric Hospice Wavier today.  If you knew how much these medications cost you would understand why this is the highlight of the day (besides the smiles I keep giving people).

No comments: