Monday, August 15, 2011

Long day

It was a difficult start to my day.  After Mommy and I dropped Aidan off at Camp we headed over to the Anchor Center to see if I could finish my vision testing since I became so overstimulated last time they didn't get a chance to finish.  During the eye exam I became so out of sorts and overwhelmed that Mommy had to leave early to get me home.  I think I was trying to tell her I was having painful tummy problems this morning and that the vision test was more than I can handle.  The initial findings with the vision test are pointing in the direction of Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI).  I will have another vision test in September or October to make a definite diagnosis.  I will go to the Anchor Center twice a week and Mommy will learn techniques she can try to help me try and build up my visual processes.

"CVI is a temporary or permanent visual impairment caused by the disturbance of the posterior visual and/or occipital lobes of the brain.  The degree of vision impairment can range from severe visual impairment to total blindness.  The degree of neurological damage and visual impairment depends upon the time of onset, as well as the location and intensity of the insult.  It is a condition that indicated that the visual systems of the brain do not consistently understand or interpret what the eyes see."

After coming home I slept all day and decided to not eat as it was to taxing for me.  My family is now discussing what their plan of attack will be on Thursday when we meet with the Neurologist.  I'm down for the count tonight but am planning on having a better day tomorrow for the Chiropractor and OT.  

Uncle Widg and Aunt Destin are here tonight and I am now with Aunt Destin which my family calls entering "the force field of love".  I have the best Aunt's and Uncle's ever!!!!!


No comments: