Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sleepies....

Finally.....sleep has arrived.  For the last 3 days I have napped for more than 30 minutes in the morning.  We are not sure but are feeling the lack of sleep has been med related, despite what the doctor says.

After having peas for several days, it happened.  I pooped on my own.  NO assistance needed!!!  This is a huge deal.  It's not like being constipated.....I just can't go....there is something in my brain that is preventing me from going, but the stars aligned and it happened!!!!!  It was such a big deal to us that Aidan decided to sing about it...... (he just happens to be working on rhyming in school....lucky me.)

Jingle Bells, Nezbah smells
Because she ate some peas.
Then she passed a little gas
 and dropped us to our knees.



So after that insult we moved on to squash......Mommy roasted it up today and all I can say is YUMMY!!






Apparently I'm not the only one who loved it.  Cisco couldn't stop licking my hands every time I started to lean over in my chair. 










HANDS.....With all the work on trying to rollover (5 times on my own now), sitting (I can prop sit for 7 seconds on a good day), and eating solid foods my hands have suffered.  I have never really been able to use them and continue to struggle on a daily basis.  My PT and OT are now working hard with me on using my arms.  The bottom line is that I can suck my thumb when I want to (which is a good bit of the time) but I cannot use my hands are arms other than that.  For those who don't understand how big of a deal that is ...... try doing the most basic of things during the day without using your arms.






No comments: