Saturday, December 17, 2011

Therapies

Oops.  Mommy and I just realized we haven't posted in days.  Mommy says it's because she is still in shock over the news we received on Tuesday.  Well with all the hype out of the way I have been put back on track with what seems like greater expectations.  My doctors informed Mommy that the only thing we can do is to hit me hard with therapies.  It's not like I didn't have a full schedule to begin with, but Mommy some how managed to get Speech Therapy added once a week and is working on Music Therapy as well.  I was informed by Mommy and Daddy that the "roadblock", the encephalopathy, was gone and their expectations were greater.  WOW.....they weren't kidding.  They even have Kelly, my Nanny, helping me with exercises.  They haven't corrupted Aunt Destin yet so there is still hope of someone who will just snuggle with me.

We are still trying to figure out the tummy issues.  The vegetable syrup the doc has me on works.....sometimes it works too well.  We are trying to find the right dosing with my diet which is changing with the addition of solids.  The problem we are running into now is this the concern of dependency that can happen with the syrup.  So we are still trying to figure out why I can't go on my own.  Mommy had thought it was related to the encephalopathy, but that's not the case anymore.  I follow up with the doctor next week.

Mommy had to run out to the store today as I have seem to hit another growth spurt.  I'm now in 12 month clothes.  My sleepers were rubbing the skin off my toes.  I seem to be following in the footsteps of my brother......I'm gonna be a big girl. 

No comments: