Wednesday, May 9, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!!!!


What a ride this past year has been.  Wednesday, May 2nd was my birthday.  I decided to spend it at home with Mommy, Aunt Destin, and Uncle Widg and my therapists.  It was a day high in emotion......one moment celebrating everything we are thankful for and the next remembering the sudden change of emotion a year ago in the hospital from joy to devastation when we found out I was having seizures.












Children's Hospital 1 week old.  Aidan's first poopy diaper assist.

Saturday was a better day.  We celebrated my Birthday with those who are an integral part of my recovery and have been an ongoing and constant support for my family.  It was wonderful day.  I was surrounded by so much love.  Marmee and Papou were in town and all my therapists were able to join.  Aidan and Mommy fed me my first taste of Chocolate cake (Aidan wanted me to have chocolate with blue since he says he is tired of seeing pink.) 


Check out my rockin dress that Aunt Destin made me


mmmmmmm cake

Oh yes.....Aunt Destin made a hat to go with the outfit as well.

We met with my pediatrician for my one year check-up and things seem to be going well.  I am 22 lbs and solid.  My tummy issues are improving on a special formula which I will have to remain on for a year.  I am slowly adding new foods to my diet, trying to stay off baby food while finding finger foods I can eat with my low tone in my face.  I continue to work on sitting which is slowly improving and I might even pass trying to crawl and try going straight to standing as I am NOT a fan of putting weight on my arms.  Daddy is had at work with my doctors constantly researching to find anyone who might have an idea of my disorder.  I continue to have therapy 5 times a week which keeps me on my toes, but I am up to the challenge.

Many people have been emailing Mommy for updates since we have not been updating the blog as often.  Mommy and I decided we will do monthly updates to keep everyone up to date on my progress.  Again thank you to everyone for all your positive thoughts and prayers we are so lucky to be surrounded by such amazing people.

No comments: