Thursday, March 8, 2012

Upswing

Well you know how it goes.....as soon as someone in the house gets better another person gets sick.  Poor Aidan.  He woke-up Tuesday morning with a terrible stomach bug and had to stay home from school.  Mommy had to cancel my OT since Ms Julie works with so many medically fragile children we didn't want her to carry any germs to them.  So I missed another therapy.  After much TLC Aidan recovered.  It was such a beautiful day; an unusual 70 degrees.  So Mommy called Ms Beth my PT and asked if she could come and we would do our session outside.  Ms. Beth was all for it....so out came my sunglasses.  Up until now I have not been a fan of these things, but they really do make all the difference.  I am still really sensitive to light. 

Ms. Beth was so impressed.  I am sitting better each day, up to 6 minutes at a time.  On Wednesday Mommy and I had an appt with my GI doctor.  I'm still recovering from some unexpected tummy issues.  We found out the hard way that my tummy is still not tolerating cereal....it backs me up for days.  So to counteract it we did some med tweaking and are hoping that will address things. 

Today was a great day.  Mommy went to school to watch Aidan get an award at school for his continuing drive to learn.  We are so proud of him.....I wish I could have been there.  Afterwards we decided to bundle up and go for a walk.  It was yet another beautiful day in Denver.  Mommy was showing Ms. Kelly so new paths to take with me and we decided to stop by the park and see what I thought of the swings. I have never been on a swing before and have to say I loved it. 

 Things continue to move in the right direction.  I have decided to start sleeping through the night.  Mommy still consults with Ms. Anne, but for the most part I am sleeping like I should be.

 I have also been tolerating the car seat and stroller more and more.  Summer is just around the corner and I can't wait to take my first trip to the pool.  Just a few more weeks and I will take my first trip to Louisiana.  I can't wait to meet everyone who were so thoughtful and prayed for me. 

No comments: