Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Food vs. Tummy

Its been a long week and a half.  My latest challenge has been dealing with foods.  I continue to struggle with low tone in my face so to address it I have a lists of exercises that we have to do.  With that comes textured foods.  We have been trying out various foods to help we address my tone.  Mommy and Ms Barb (my Speech Therapist) say I'm doing a wonderful job....stepping up to any and all challenges they put me up against.  The only problem being my darn tummy.   
Anytime we add anything to my died besides Mommy milk or a handful fruits and veggies the troubles start.  Last week we decided to give yogurt a try.  After a few days the troubles begin......slowly, then worsening every day.  Mommy, Daddy, Aidan, and Ms. Kelly all refer to we as some kind of wild animal.  A deep growl bellowing from for pit of my stomach begins, lasting for up to a hour.  I have been trying so hard for that past week to poop, but success has been minimal.  Mommy has been using all her tricks with minimum success ay bast.





It the midst of all my tummy issues Mommy and Daddy are still trying their best to get me out of the house as much as possible.  We loaded the crew up, including our crazy dog and headed off to the St. Patrick's Day Parade.  All I can say is WOW!!!!  Mommy kept me tucked safely in my new stroller and I peaked out every so often.  Our stay was rather short.  Much noise and crazy people, but I was a champ and had Aidan with me to keep me safe.


























As you my know I have had long standing issues with the grocery store.  In the past I could barely tolerate more that 5 minutes whether in my stroller, carrier, or car seat.  The lights, noise, and pure caios would put me over the edge.  Many times it would take Mommy long periods of time rocking me in the car to settle me down.  So to say that we ventured out to the store is a huge deal.  After a long pep talk from Mommy we headed off.....








Who knew I would actually have fun.  As long as Mommy kept her hands on me I did fine; even laughing at times.  This makes things SOOOOO much easier for us.  Now Mommy doesn't have to have someone watch me at the house every time she needs to go to the store. 
Mommy will be calling my GI doctor today as my inability with poop with support is now having an impact on my therapies again.  AND....to top things off I'm cutting my top teeth as well.  We are excited about this!!!  Well not Aidan.....poor guy he was hoping to lose his first tooth before I cut mine. 

No comments: