Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's taking a Village

The past two weeks have been difficult.  My inability to sleep is starting to take it tole on everyone in the house.  After talking to Dr S last week about their concerns Mommy and Daddy were told that my sleep deprivation was becoming a concern and that they needed to do what they could to help me sleep.  Well they had already been doing that, so drastic times call for drastic measures.  We were told that my lack of sleep was more likely to cause a return of seizures that my crying because I didn't want to sleep.....and so it began.  Mommy started with naps.....letting me fuss a few minutes and they coming in to tell me it's OK, etc.  Well it seemed like things started to work (nap wise, that is).  I was starting to consistently have 3 naps a day, but they drastically change in length which makes it impossible to develop any type of schedule.  That in turn made nights even more crazy because I was never waking up at consistent times.  Mommy and Daddy were trying their best to make things as normal for Aidan as they could, but the "fit hit the shan" this weekend when both Aidan and I got sick.

Aidan spent the weekend with Uncle Widg and Aunt Destin and I kept Mommy and Daddy on their toes all weekend.  So the vicious cycle begins.  I'm sick and very congested, thus not breathing well which impacts my sleep even more.  The less sleep I get the weaker I am which makes it even more difficult to go poo. Since I'm all stopped up and my tummy hurts more than usual I cut back on my nursing a good bit.

Poor Ms Kelly tried everything yesterday to help me sleep but nothing seemed to work.  So Mommy took over and she took on the task of the dreaded Kindergarten spelling test.

What's a girl to do.  I'm so tired I'm not enjoying my jumperoo anymore and just sit there unable to hold my head up due to exhaustion.

Tomorrow I follow up with my GI doc to see what else he can do to help and we are working with Dr S to see what else we can to to try and get some sleep.

Grandma is coming over this afternoon, Aunt Destin is coming over tonight to give Mommy a break and Mommy and I got a surprise call from Marmee saying she is on the way to help as well.  We are so lucky to have such wonderful family that do what they can at the drop of a hat.

No comments: